Nihil Dice Roller 3
Latest program version: 3.19.5
My my! Look at all those dice!
Welcome to the Nihil Dice Roller 3 homepage, this little piece of software is an invaluable tool for anyone playing tabletop RPGs, from this central hub, you can
access the Sourceforge files
to download your very own copy in binary or source form; access the SVN repository
; view the Gallery
; use our Forums
and access the Project page
The Nihil Dice Roller 3 has some great features for the RPG hobbist:
- Support for the White Wolf Storyteller System, in accordance to Vampire's 3rd Edition (oWoD); Vampire 20th Anniversary; Exalted; Scion and the latest World of Darkness rules (nWoD).
- Visual cues and autocalculation for World of Darkness modes: it calculates failures, successes, botches and dramatics based on the difficulty slider for oWod, as well as Vampire, and the preset difficulties for nWod and Exalted, it displays the result using different coloured codes that can be customized
- A success, failure, dramatic and botch counter for each individual dice roll in the White Wolf Storyteller Systems (oWoD and nWoD) before and after the calculation has been performed.
- Support for West End Games' D6 System (based on D6 Space)
- Autocalculates D6 System's results based on both options for the wild die: critical failures (with colour codes) and remove the highest die.
- Includes a fast D6 System Die Code simplification tool.
- Support for Steve Jackson Games' GURPS system, the program calculates successes and failures, including criticals, compared against an effective skill number.
- Support for the Shadowrun system, the program calculates successes and failures, including criticals and glitches, compared against a Threshold number.
- Supports the Fudge and Fate systems.
- Visual cues for all calculated systems, the program displays the result using different colored codes in a dedicated box (think magic eight ball :P) and the results log.
- The Nihil Dice Roller is all about freedom, so it includes a powerful dice box that caters to any of your die rolling needs: it allows you to roll even custom dice in a range from 2 to 999 with a global modifier, an individual modifier for each die type, including the custom die, the ability to turn on or off each die type individually and a powerful "Visual Dice Formula Parser"(tm) (or V.D.F.P) to easily throw those complicated die rolls (i.e 2d4 + 4d12 + 6).
- An individual display of each die rolled without a modifier for the dice box.
- A powerful custom dice box builder that offers the power of the V.D.F.P while allowing the user to remove unused dice and modifiers.
- No additional libraries required!
- Mac OS X, Linux (with GNOME) and Windows XP and above native application.
- It runs from an USB storage device (no installation needed).
- Fast whether you own a latest generation processor or an older one! Better than any java dice roller out there!
- Updated often with new systems.
- The Nihil Dice Roller is free software under the GPL v.3